Frivolous tax arguments / tax fraud & scams 4/6/09
There have always been individuals who argue taxes are illegal, using false, misleading, or unorthodox tax advice to gain followers.
The courts have repeatedly rejected their arguments as frivolous, and routinely impose penalties for raising such frivolous arguments.
Details as to the various arguments, law, case references, and penalties are provided by on the IRS web site:
- Why Do I Have to Pay Taxes?
- The Truth About Frivolous Tax Argument
- Frivolous Tax Arguments in General
- Frivolous Tax Arguments in Collection Due Process Cases
- Penalties for Pursuing Frivolous Tax Arguments
- frivilous tax pdf
See also, http://quatloos.com/, "A Public Educational Website Covering A Wide Variety Of Financial Scams & Frauds", discussion board – Tax fraud, tax protesters, & sovereign citizen scams
Read about the latest injunctions against tax return preparers and tax fraud promoters at the DOJ Web site.